Our Privacy and Data Policy
We are fully committed to protecting your privacy and the personal data you have provided to us. We will not sell or share the data held with any third parties. Your personal data will not be transferred abroad to countries that do not belong to the European Union, or which do not provide adequate levels of personal protection.
Amphibian King LTD may use your personal information as follows:
- To process your payments
- To fulfil your order and administer your account
- To disclose information about you to any relevant regulator, if they require it or to anyone else if there is a legal duty to do so
- To run any prize draw or competition you may enter voluntarily
- To send you brochures, leaflets, catalogs and other promotional material for our products and services that you have requested. We may also telephone or email you to discuss account / order details
- Order fulfillment and related activities;
- Management of payments, including anti-fraud control in case of payment by credit/debit card (in which case the data released during the purchase process will be sent to the person in charge of anti fraud control);
- Management of your requests: technical, of a commercial nature, regarding the progress of your orders, as well as requests for information in the broader sense;
- Making contact with our service professionals;
- Request to be considered as a member of our staff, by sending a CV;
We endeavor to protect your information in the following ways:When you place an order, we offer the use of a secure server. A secure server encrypts all of the information you input before it is sent to us, thus protecting your confidential data from unauthorized use. We will not request information which is excessive for our purposes. We will, with your assistance, keep any information we hold about you up to date and accurate and protect your data against unauthorized usage.
At the present time, some of the data controllers who process your data are as follows:
- An Post, which handles the processing of data needed to perform delivery, for purchases made via our web site
- Shopify for processing data concerning management and server maintenance services for Amphibian King
- BoI and Paypal regarding payments of goods
Link to other web sites
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.